I think I mentioned the other day that I went to the store and bought some healthy food. I have been eating clean these past few days without any problem. That's usually the case when I have healthy food readily available. My wife did make cookies last night, but I only had half of one. All I needed was a taste, not the usual half-dozen. Too bad I don't have that kind of self-control all the time.
I finally got back to the gym yesterday. I set out to do a simple circuit - one set of exercises for each major muscle group. The only problem was that I started with a set of ten squats - with no weight - and that made my legs so weak and shaky I just about couldn't walk around the gym to do the other exercises. I must say, I am incredibly disgusted by the fact that a few weightless squats could be so difficult. That has got to change. The rest of the workout was fine. I am about as sore today as I expected to be - normal for a first workout in a long time (although my legs are more sore than I would've expected).
This morning I took the dog out for a walk. I hate walking, but I'm not quite ready to start jogging again because I don't want to do too much, too fast. Still, it felt good to get out and do something.
This evening I think I will pull my bicycle out of the garage and go for a ride with the boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment