Today I was able to check off my first goal since beginning this new beginning. I weighed in this morning at 239.8. That's not a number I'm proud of by any means, but my first goal was to get below 240 within the first week. It's been five days and I made it.
The next milestone will be sub-230. If all goes well, I should be able to achieve that within the next 30 days. I'd love to think I could lose 5 pounds a week, but I've very rarely ever lost more than 2-3 pounds in a week. So I'll stick with a goal of 2.5 pounds and if I can beat that, great.
I golfed over the weekend and took my dog for a walk this morning, so I'm still getting out and getting some kind of exercise every day. I need to ramp it up, though. I can't lose 10 pounds a month just by walking the dog for 30 minutes a day. I was going to go to the gym today, but I left my workout clothes home, so I think I'll do some cardio on the treadmill tonight and go to the gym tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment