Friday, April 18, 2008

Biggest Loser Club

Last week I joined the Biggest Loser Club for a three-month trial. Mostly I did it because I wanted the three books that come free with a three-month trial. But I also wanted to check it out and see if it is worth $20 a month. I don't care much for the meal tracking or workout tracking tools. I prefer the free ones at fitday.com.

So it comes down to the community. That's where I thought there may be real value. With that in mind, I looked through the forums and found a six-week challenge to join. Every six weeks, there's a "bootcamp" challenge where you can join a team and compete with other teams for points based on healthy living (drinking water, exercising, following a food plan, pounds lost, etc.). I joined up for the next bootcamp which starts today. I had to take some measurements, so I will post them here.

Weight: 237.0
Bodyfat: 39
Chest: 43.5
Belly:
Waist: 42.25
Hips: 45
Right upper arm: 15
Right thigh: 27

For the competition, I will be weighing in every Friday. But I still believe in weighing every day, so I will continue to do that on my own. It will be interesting to see if this competition provides the motivation I need to really work hard over the next six weeks.

No comments: