I looked into the karate class and golf pass since I mentioned them the other day. The golf pass is actually $1800 for the family and that's about $600 more than I can justify. I can get a single pass for $800, but then I would spend too much time away from the family. The karate class is $70 per month (for just me). It would almost guarantee me two good workouts per week and go a long way toward keeping me active and motivated. The next class starts May 13, and I'm thinking very seriously about joining.
In fact, I think I will set some aggressive workout goals for the next three weeks and make a deal with my wife that if I meet the goals, I get to sign up for the class. Then, I have to continue to meet monthly goals in order to stay enrolled. I really think that will work for me - for at least a few months. For the long term (and for her), I think we may still need some long-term incentive like planning another cruise or at least another trip to Maui.
No comments:
Post a Comment