Thursday, March 02, 2006

Still losing

I weighed in at 218 and 29.5% bodyfat today. So I'm still losing fat, though not as fast as I would like. I think I need to increase the cardio. 30-60 minutes a day isn't going to get me more than about a one pound per week loss.

3 comments:

Nika said...

CJ,
OK.....you weren't kidding when you said you had alot to say still!! Well, as I said in my last comment, I DID get on the elliptical, and was able to do about 15 minutes before my two little boys decided it was play time. (4.5yrs, and 20 months) and don't you know that THEY are the BOSSES. (That may not seem like alot, but at the beginning of last month I could only get through about 10 minutes, (this is after my other daily workouts too.) Yesterday I did 40 minutes of arobics and then had to take the boys to two playdates that took up the remainder of the day. I haven't weighed in for awhile. I had hit that darn plateu, and ....then we went on that weekend roadtrip. This past Monday was supposed to be my official weigh in at Curves, but I just knew that I would be disappointed, so I chose to give myself another week to lose any retention etc. Besides, we have a new "goal game" to lose either 5#s or 5" by the end of the month there, so that is where I am. I know that my body is changing, I can definately see it in my clothing, and my husband often tells me that even though the scale doesn't SEEM to be cooperating, that he can DEFINATELY tell the difference. I looked up that link you talked about. It really peaked my interest, because up until his mid 30s my husband ran. He was state champion back in high school for Cali. too. And he almost made the Olympic team in 80. So I thought that if I could start running, maybe he would join me with that. We each have a bum knee, and that would be the one drawback. I started keeping a food log back in Oct or Nov, and then wandered for awhile. Then I started again in January. I was following the WW point system to begin with, and then I tried the new Food Pyramid Guide @MyPyramid.gov I thought it was working, but now I am not so sure. I was losing more weight with the point system. My worst habit is late night snacking. I know how horrible it is to do too. I just don't seem to take enough time during the day to get the proper nutrition, and then come the boys' bedtime, 8 o'clock, I feel like I am starving. For example, yesterday. I woke up at 6:30, made some coffee for my sister, had a brief conversation with my mother, did my arobics, took a shower, got ready for the playdates, went to a board meeting for a Non-profit I am a part of, then the playdate 1 (had a mouthful of raisins, and 1 small blueberry muffin (not what I would normally have had but there wasn't much choice..) Then we headed off to playdate 2 (friend kindly gave me a snack sized lowfat cottage cheese, with sm side of pineapple.) Didn't get home until 5:30, fed the boys, ate some dinner, (italian veggies 1 1/2c, and two (yes two) slices of meatloaf. But then, after the boys went to bed, I munched on my Sunchips!!! *hanging head* I need more control. But today is yet another day. I wish you well, and will check back. Keep up the good work, you and your wife are an inspiration!

CJ said...

Hey, nice to see you are still around. Yes, I did have a lot more to say. I wanted to finish laying the foundation for my blog, so I could make the transition to actually blogging my progress. It took me about a week to get everything down, but now I can actually start posting about current events rather than history.

I know what you mean about the snacking. Last night I had the munchies and could not seem to find anything low-calorie to satisfy my needs. I tried carrots, but that didn't last long. Finally I went to my computer and spent some time reading the message boards at coolrunning.com. That pretty much got my mind off of food.

Nika said...

Yep, I'm still around, I've just been doing alot with my boys this week. I don't plan on going anywhere too soon. I enjoy your blog, and it really is encouraging me. Yesterday I didn't even want to do my arobics, (I was just tired) and after reading your blog I got off my bum and did another 40 min. Today I am going to rest though, because my calf wanted to cramp up on me all night, and my littlest one (20 months) slept in my arms all night (he's teething) so I am REALLY tired now. He will only sleep in my arms, so I am not able to move all night, it tends to make one a little stiff. I weighed myself this morning, at least it looks like I am starting to drop a little again! I was munchy last night, but chose to ignore it and drank some water instead. But, here it is the weekend again, the time when the family wants "fun" stuff or "easy" stuff to eat, so it can sometimes be a challenge. (I've got them tonight anyways, because I already have chicken laid out!!) Have a great day!