Thursday, March 02, 2006

W1D2

I got my new running shoes last night and was excited to get an early start this morning on my second run of the C25K program. I was dismayed when I awoke at 5AM to the sound of heavy winds and rain hitting the house. It almost never rains here, but of course it would rain the morning I plan to try out my new shoes.

Fortunately, by 7:30 AM the rain and wind had stopped and the clouds were breaking up. So I was able to hit the road after all. I now have W1D2 (Week One, Day Two of the C5K program) under my belt. It went well. I felt great after I finished.

I was a little worried about how my knees would hold up because I’ve had a little pain right below the knee caps, but it didn’t bother me at all while running. Besides a little soreness in my calves, some fairly heavy breathing at the end of each 60 second interval was all that plagued me. Sixty seconds does not sound like much, but it sure is enough to get me winded.

I am looking forward to the day when I can run for miles without getting out of breath. According the C25K schedule, that day should be W5D3. On that day, I am supposed to be able to run 20 minutes (approximately 2 miles) without stopping or walking. If all goes according to plan, that will occur on Friday, March 31.

No comments: