I started the second week of the C25K program today. My legs were pretty sore when I completed the third run of the first week on Saturday, so I thought I might have to take two days off and start this week on Tuesday. But after 45 minutes on the stationary bike this morning, I was feeling pretty good and decided to at least take the dog out for a walk.
My legs didn’t feel sore, so I decided to go ahead and do the 90 second intervals of running. Surprisingly, I did not get out of breath until it came near the end of each 90 second interval. Just two days ago I was huffing and puffing at the end of 60 seconds, so it surprised me today when I passed each 60 second interval without feeling like I was even breathing hard. I hope the same thing happens next week when I have to start doing 3 minute runs.
I weighed in at 216# and 29.5% bodyfat today, so my fat loss efforts are moving along nicely.
As for my other goals, I did take the kids to play tennis Saturday, but I didn’t play long because it was very cold and my knees were still sore from the morning run.
Food logging? I don’t like the food logging goal I made. I am keeping track in my head and so I know I am staying below my 1500 calorie limit. But I hate taking the time to log everything. Writing down what I eat isn’t the hard part, it’s tallying up the points, calories, carbs, fats, proteins, etc., that I really hate. So as long as I know I’m doing good, I may not worry about writing it down.
2 comments:
CJ,
Looks like you are doing good!! I am getting distracted with a sick hubby, and whiny, clingy, sick kids. Still working out though, I even started trying to back down my cals to 1500. That sucks. I actually was doing ok with that until last night.. I had a horrible day, and killed my intake cap at dinner, (I just couldn't resist the bread rolls((actually I was mood eating and even I know it!!)) I'm pretty disappointed in myself, but started back on today. I'm not usually one to mood eat. Hmm... I will ponder this. Anyway, take care and have a great day. You're doing great!
Bread rolls are killers. I can eat dozens of them. It's best for me to just keep them out of the house.
Post a Comment