Wednesday, March 08, 2006

W2D2

Today I did my second run of week two. I thought I would have a little more energy than I had on Monday since I didn't do any bike work beforehand like I did then. Strangely, it turned out that today was harder than Monday. But it wasn't so much a lack of energy as a lack of aerobic capacity. My lungs were practically gasping for breath at the end of each 90 second interval. My calves were pretty tight too, but I could've endured that. Maybe I should do some bike work before each of my runs. It seems like it would be counterproductive, but it sure didn't hurt me on Monday.

I weighed in at 216.5 and 30% bodyfat. About the same as a couple days ago, but I had about a two pound spike yesterday (even though I did everything right on Monday), so I can't complain about being back near 216. I do want to be well below 215 by the end of next week. Actually, 213 would be nice because that would be 25 down from where I started in November.

2 comments:

Nika said...

CJ,
I had my "official" weigh in and measurements today. *sigh* I am happy to report I HAVE BROKEN the plateu!!! I am now at 222.5 and have lost 16.25"! What a relief it was to know that at least I am still making progress. I don't mind too much if it is slow progress, as long as there IS progress! I've been watching your progress on your new program, it is very interesting. If I can find a relatively level location near my home, I am thinking about trying it. (unfortunate for "newbies" I live in a pretty hilly area.) I have walked it before, and I liked the walking, I am just not sure about the running yet...lol, (or even wogging) Anyhow,it seems between our tempermental weather lately (a few weeks ago it snowed on Sat, and was almost 70* two...yes two days later!!) and our 6 member family swapping colds around and around, it is hard to get that much time outdoors. Today it is supposed to be about 70* again, and both the boys have caught their Dad's cold and are running temps! I guess that is what happens when you have little ones. I am however in a wonderful mood and happy with my progress. Until next time, have a wonderful workout and a great weekend!

CJ said...

Fortunately, it's not very hilly where we are, which is nice for the running program. The weather has been pretty cold in the mornings, though. It's usually between 30 and 40 when I get out there. Yesterday it was below 30.

Congrats on making progress. I know how frustrating plateaus can be.