Friday, May 08, 2009

Week 2

This morning we started week two of our 10-week contest. My wife and I both lost exactly five pounds this week. I would love to be able to continue at that pace, but past experience tells me that, after week one, two to three pounds per week is about the most I can expect.

I weighed in this morning at 245 pounds and 41% bodyfat.

This morning I added more jogging intervals into my walk on the treadmill, per the c25k program. When I stepped off the treadmill after 40 minutes, I felt great! I said to my wife, just like I wrote here yesterday, "why can't it always be this easy?" When I feel so good after a workout, I just can't imagine not wanting to exercise.

I stopped off at the store yesterday and bought a few more Lean Cuisine meals. Then I got home and had the Sesame Chicken. It was probably the best microwave meal I've ever had. I was really surprised at how good it was. Today for lunch, I tried the Sesame Stir-fry with Chicken. It was nearly as good. Since the sale ends Tuesday, I think I'll have to go back this weekend and really stock up. I could easily live off these meals for a very long time. With the built in portion control and ease of preparation, they may be just the thing I need to establish some long-term healthy eating habits.

If Jared can lose 200 pounds eating the same Subway sandwich every day, I can surely lose 85 pounds eating a wide variety of Lean Cuisine meals. In fact, I've often told my wife that I'd have no trouble losing weight if I was rich enough to hire a personal chef to prepare healthy meals for me every day. I am discovering this week that some of these LC meals are a pretty darn good substitute for that chef I'll never have.

No comments: