But I didn't want people to skim past it thinking it was just another link to just another interesting article that they don't have time to read. So I opened up Word and wrote a heartfelt plea for my friends to help my on this quest.
After I posted the link to the blog, I attempted to post my heartfelt pleadings to my friends explaining why they should visit the blog. Only then did I learn that it was about six times longer than allowed by facebook. So I had to break it into six mini posts.
Then, after I refreshed facebook, I saw that it had buried them behind a link that says there are six posts from me. Does anyone want to click on a link to get six more posts? I don't. So maybe nobody will read the six buried posts. But just in case someone comes to the blog, here's what my buried facebook posts say:
“I’m CJ, and I am fat.” With those words, I started an anonymous fitness blog five years ago (see my last post). There I have periodically documented my successes and failures on my quest to get fit. So far, the failures have taken a big lead.
Three weeks ago, I weighed in at my heaviest ever. I know some people think I’m only 30-40 pounds overweight. But I don’t have 220 pounds of lean body mass like Rulon (Biggest Loser contestant). I’m actually a 150 pound guy wearing a 100 pound fat suit. In fact, I have a higher bodyfat percentage than Rulon.
I have set some lofty fitness goals for this year. I am more determined than ever to get fit. And I’m off to a good start. But past experience says my motivation will wane in a few weeks or months.
So, after much internal deliberation, I have decided to make my fitness quest public and ask for your help. I need encouragement and accountability. I’m going to start posting some of my workouts on facebook. It would help keep me going to know that people are watching for them.
Also, for the first time ever, I am posting a link to my blog. As such, it will no longer be anonymous so I’m really opening myself up here – in a way I’ve never done before. If you have any interest in getting to know me better, you can learn an awful lot from my blog posts. Maybe more than you ever wanted to know.
Please visit and read at least the posts I’ve made this week so you know where I’m at and what my goals are for this year. Comments would be greatly appreciated.
I don't use facebook much so I didn't know I couldn't post something that long. I suppose my multiple mini-posts were probably a gross violation of facebook etiquette. Maybe all my friends will "unfriend" me and I'll be cryin' myself to sleep tonight on my huge pillah.
No comments:
Post a Comment