Monday, February 19, 2007

HHST - Day One

Well, I have done a couple of three mile runs since I last wrote, but I did not start the HHST last week. Instead, I tried to "wing it" and ended up only running once, maybe twice.

So I decided I need to be on a schedule or I will end up missing workouts. With that in mind, I talked to my wife about it this morning and we both committed to starting the HHST program. Each week we will do our three shorter runs on our own, but the long run, which we scheduled for Saturday, will be done together -- outside. I think doing it together will keep us on track.

My only concern is that I am again having a lot of grinding coming from my knees. I am told it is Patello-femoral tracking syndrome -- which simply means that my leg muscles are out of balance and my knees don't track as they should in the femur groove. I am starting a course of PT tomorrow and am just hoping he does not tell me I shouldn't be running while we work on this issue.

As for eating and whatnot, I'm still doing pretty good. I am down about 12 pounds from the beginning of January. That's a little less than 2 pounds per week, but I'm pretty happy with it. As long as I keep going at that pace, I'll be able to lose all the fat I need to by the end of this year.

No comments: