I'm doing better this week. I got out and ran a couple times and plan to run again tomorrow morning. I also started lifting weights again this week. Just some basic dumbell lifts, but enough to start getting my muscles used to lifting again. I plan to get a bench and more dumbells pretty soon, so I can start doing a full-body workout. I get mad at myself when I think about how many times I have stopped lifting even after noting how much good it was doing for me.
I've also been eating better this week. I stocked my fridge with healthy food on Tuesday and really haven't eaten anything but that since then. It really helps to have good food on hand. If I don't have quick, easy access to healthy food, I find that I readily grab something else. Having the good stuff on hand this week has really made a difference.
My most recent relapse cost me about 10 pounds, so I'm back up to 225. (35% fat). By the end of August I plan to have that back down to 215 and less than 30% fat. By the end of the year, I plan to be down to 175.
I'm going to achieve that by continuing to eat the healthy food, and running, bicycling, and weight lifting. I am going to get my bike out of the shed today and get it tuned up and ready to go so I can ride it a couple times per week. I will probably alternate between biking and running every day in addition to lifting two or three times a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment