Breaking through a plateau is awesome! It almost surpasses the agony of being stuck at the plateau. But not quite. After losing 15 pounds between November and January, I stagnated around 222 for over a month. I wasn't really trying too hard, so it wasn't a big deal until this past week or so.
On February 15, I got off my lazy butt and started exercising every day, and began again counting my food intake. The first pound was gone in a day. But for the next five days I could not break through the 221 barrier -- even though I exercised every day and kept my food intake right where it should be.
Finally, today, I broke the 221 barrier and weighed in at 218.5. I am now down 20 pounds since November. Not as far along as I'd like to be, but then I haven't been exercising much until this past week. Of course, the holidays didn't help much either.
2 comments:
CJ,
I'm on the same page with you! I had a wake up call at the end of September with a picture taken of me. When I saw it I broke down and bawled like a baby. It showed me what I really look like. (It wasn't a pretty picture!!) I joined a fitness center, where they weighed me at 235#s (OMG!!) and measured me....and I have been working diligently ever since. But I am stuck on a plateau!! At the end of November I was showing a 9# loss. (not good enough) I even started the center's "advanced workout" a couple of weeks ago. Then I started feeling a little under the weather and though I worked out almost everyday, I wasn't pushing it as far as I had been. I started feeling a little better yesterday tho', I think I am starting to break it (crossing fingers) yesterday I finally showed a loss of 2#s!!
Congrats on the success so far. While I still haven't figured out how to get fit for life, I do know that staying positive is crucial. When I allow myself to get discouraged, that's when I begin to spiral out of control.
Post a Comment